Monday, June 15, 2009

Goodbye Little Rock!

Today's the day! 
My wonderful sister got up at 4:30 this morning to drive me to the airport. We got there about 5:30 and prayed that my bag weighed under 50 lbs...it did! 49.5 to be exact, and that was not easy, but I did it! I am also taking a box of food, medicine, even toilet paper for the Musanze house. My flight left at 7:20, and I arrived in Newark at 11:08. 

One of the guys who was coming back yesterday got delayed in Brussels and didn't leave until 12:30 today from Newark, so I was able to see him and hear about his trip. It made me even more ready to get there. He told me about the kids at Sonrise and how excited they were to get a few soccer balls for recess. It's going to be an amazing trip, and I have a feeling I'm going to fall in love with Rwanda. 

I am leaving here at 6:10 tonight and will arrive in Brussels at 7:45 tomorrow morning. Please continue to pray that everything goes smoothly. I'm very ready to be there and done with the airports, but I'm pretty sure that's not possible! 

laying over in Newark,
jess

No comments:

Post a Comment